The warm days of the year provide the perfect opportunity to play and exercise outside. There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors together with friends or family. But which toys are best for this? We’ve put together a selection of outdoor toys that are suitable for any age group.
Balls or frisbees, for example, are suitable for the little ones. Toy cars and tractors, running bikes and tricycles are also popular with little ones and encourage coordination and agility. For slightly older children, bouncing and jumping ropes, bocce ball games or root spinners are a good choice. Outdoor games like croquet or badminton can also be played together and make for a lot of fun.
Teens and adults can get sporty with dart games, slacklines, or boules games. Basketball or volleyball sets are also great for group activities. If all this is too boring for you, you can also try a slackline or a swing set. There are no limits to the imagination here. No matter which toy you choose, outdoor fun is guaranteed.
The importance of outdoor games
Most kids love to play outside, and for good reason. There are many reasons why it’s important to get kids out and about and provide them with outdoor toys.
One of the main benefits of outdoor play is the promotion of physical health. Children who play outside get more exercise and sunlight, which contributes to better physical development. Plus, outdoor games help kids improve their fine motor skills and overall motor skills.
Furthermore, outdoor games also have a positive impact on children’s social behavior. When children play outside, they often have the opportunity to interact with other children and improve their social behavior. This can help children better navigate social situations and develop more self-confidence.
- There are many types of toys that kids can use outside:
- Balls: Balls are a classic and very versatile. Kids can use it to play soccer, basketball, or just play catch.
- Bikes and scooters: these toys are ideal for encouraging children to explore their surroundings.
- Outdoor Games: There are many games designed specifically for the outdoors, such as.B. Horseshoe throwing, dodgeball or frisbee.
If we can encourage children to play outside and provide them with the right toys, we can help them develop better physically, socially and emotionally.
The best outdoor toys for warm days
There’s no better time than the warmer days to play outside and enjoy fresh air. With the right outdoor toys, kids can have hours of fun and stay active at the same time. Here are some of our top picks:
- Swings – a classic swing is a must in every garden. Kids of all ages will love swinging up and down while taking in the fresh air.
- Shuttlecock set – a shuttlecock set is a great game for the whole family to enjoy. It improves hand-eye coordination and agility and provides outdoor entertainment.
- Water balloon toss game – a simple but fun activity, especially on hot summer days. This game can be played with friends or family and guarantees a lot of laughter.
Other great options include a game of tag, bikes and roller skates. There are so many ways to be actIv outside and these supportive toys can help your child get rid of energy and a sense of adventure.
So, grab your family and your toys and get out into nature!
Toys for active kids: our recommendations for outdoor fun
A warm day invites children to play outdoors. For adventurous children, there is no better toy than outdoor equipment. Our recommendations for outdoor toys range from climbing gear and ball games to tents and treasure hunt kits.
A great way for kids to stay active while having lots of fun is climbing. A climbing wall for the backyard or a simple climbing frame is a great toy for kids looking for physical challenges. Climbing harnesses and carabiners should not be forgotten, however, to ensure the right level of safety for the little ones.
Another popular outdoor toy for warm days is the volleyball net. This simple toy can provide hours of fun for the whole family. An inflatable ball can also be used for fun in the water when it gets too hot to play in the sand.
When it comes to outdoor sleepovers, a tent is the perfect toy for kids who love adventure. There are many different types and sizes of tents, from toy tents for the front yard to camping tents for a night in the woods. A sleeping mat and sleeping bag are the perfect additions for a camping adventure.
Other great outdoor toys for kids are treasure hunt sets. These sets can include various tasks and puzzles that children must perform to find the treasure. Sets can also have themes, such as pirates or dinosaurs, to stimulate children’s imaginations.
- Climbing: climbing wall or climbing gym, climbing harnesses, carabiners
- Volleyball: volleyball net, inflatable volleyball
- Camping: tent, sleeping mat, sleeping bag
- Treasure hunt sets: different tasks and puzzles, themes such as pirates or dinosaurs
Safety considerations when playing outdoors
Outdoor play is one of the most beautiful and important activities for children to develop physically and mentally. However, there are some safety considerations to keep in mind to avoid injuries and accidents.
First and foremost, outdoor toys for warm days should be carefully selected. It should be sturdy and stable to withstand falls and bumps. Balloons or paper kites should be avoided as they can be dangerous in windy conditions.
The terrain on which play takes place is also important. A flat surface with no obstacles like rocks or sticks provides more safety when running and playing. In addition, watch out for traffic and other hazards.
- Children should always be supervised, especially around bodies of water.
- It is recommended that young children wear protective equipment such as bicycle helmets, knee pads or elbow pads.
- Toys like scooters or skateboards should only be used in designated areas.
These safety considerations make outdoor play even safer and all the more fun for kids!
The bottom line
Warm days are ideal for playing outside and getting some fresh air. Outdoor toys are a great way to provide fun for children. With swing cloth, water guns, and play tunnels, little adventurers can be kept entertained for hours. A trampoline or ropes course are also great options to keep kids busy.
However, one should make sure that the toy is safe and sturdy. It’s no fun if a piece of playground equipment is unstable or even falls apart. You should also be aware that the toys are exposed to the elements. For example, inflatable toys can burst if exposed to too much sun or be quickly damaged in the rain.
To minimize the risk of accidents, parents should regularly inspect playground equipment and check for damage. Children should also always be supervised so that they do not get the idea to try dangerous stunts. If you follow these rules, nothing will stand in the way of outdoor fun.
- Outdoor toys are ideal for warm days.
- Safety is paramount.
- Regular check-ups and supervision are important.